Saturday, August 30, 2008

A Good Tango Show!!!

WUB Argentina organized a tango dinner show for the group. WOW!!! This was a good dinner tango show!!! We took up the entire place. We had front row seats. The food was good. Steak, of course! Chikako challenged me to an arm wrestling match to see who was the strongest. She kicked my butt.


The tango was amazing and mesmerizing!!

There was also a rendition of "Don't Cry for Me Argentina" that was quite soulful.

But my favorite was the conductor who just jammed on his accordion!!










OMG. OMG. OMG. The gaucho performer was HOT! HOT! HOT!

I must have been drooling because he stopped to wink at me. . .two times!!!

Whew!!






Clarence got us some WUB Peru silk scarves and one of the ladies taught us how to tie it to look like a tie! Okay, I didn't learn (we were drinking a lot of malbec) but it was pretty!

They ended with a kachashi that was hilarious. The tape kept freezing. We'd be dancing, then the music cut off abruptly and everyone froze in place. The music would start up later and dancing resumed. Then we'd have to stop. go. stop. go. It was funny.



The end of the evening found Leon sitting on stage singing opera. At least, I think that's what he was doing.

No comments: